Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What I think of Zoloo's blog

I knew little about Mongolia before I read Zoloo’s blog. I was thinking about horse rider once I thought of Mongolia. But now I know what they usually eat, how the traditional costume looks like and which sport they like most. I was impressed by the cultural icons comparison—American football in the U.S and wrestling in Mongolia. I think Zoloo has done a great job in making contrast and similarities.
First of all, they all belong to sports. Sports can reflect into a society’s characteristics and even spirit. For example, Latin Americans like Samba, which is done by a couple of op-sex dancers and contains a lot of body languages and eye contacts. So we can indicate that Latin American culture should include an element of enthusiasm. It’s contrary to be in close relationships for men and women from Latin America and Asia views. The Mongolians like wrestling, perhaps indicate men’s competition, physical competence appreciation and national honor. But if a Chinese boy visiting Mongolia and a Mongolian boy invite him in wrestling, is it a sign of friendship?
The language in Mongolia is a kind of Russian. Zoloo said language is part of culture. It evolves in the change of society and time. A society with advanced technology will change fast. Mongolian is changed a lot as any other language is, so it is an indication that Mongolia is a fast-developing country.
Zoloo is the first Mongolian I’ve ever met. He’s just like some Chinese boys I’m familiar with, quiet, smart, a little bit shy but brave in his mind. He’s a nice person to get along with. So, may I recommend him to y’all?

No comments:

Post a Comment